We understand that there are a myriad of custom built and highly modified vehicles for which getting insurance is not easy. Not the case with Dawes. Our cover extends to Kit Cars, Classics, Hot Rods, Street Machines and high performance imports.
In fact, we have been known to arrange cover for the odd ex-army personnel carrier as well as stretch limousines (including hummers), dual control driving instructor vehicles, film set vehicles (excluding stunt cars), race cars off track and many others.
Dawes is flexible. We understand that some cars are as unique as the people who drive them, so we assess each situation on its own merits.
Trouble getting insurance?
Dawes is happy to consider most "troubled prestige drivers" (licensed drivers with prior DUIs or who have lost their license in the past due to accumulating too many points).
Multiple vehicle policies
Your clients can have more than one vehicle on a policy. We understand how hard it is to stop at just one special car.
DID YOU KNOW that our comprehensive motor vehicle insurance policies come with*:
- 2% non-nominated driver feature where drivers over the prescribed age as shown in the policy schedule, who drive the vehicle less than 2% of the time during the period of insurance do not have to be listed on the policy.
- Replacement vehicle (in the event of a total loss), with a new vehicle of the same make, model and series (where available) or payment up to sum insured. This only applies for total loss claims made in the first 36 months, where you are the first registered owner and have continually held cover through Dawes.
- Emergency accommodation or travel expenses up to $2,000 incurred in relation to a covered accident which occurs more than 100 km from home.
- Towing up to $2,000 if your motor vehicle is accidentally damaged ore recovered after being stolen.
- Options, accessories or modifications are all covered as part of the sum insured if we're told about them and we agree to cover them.
- Trailers up to $1,000 or market value (whichever is the lesser) if it's damaged accidentally while attached to your client's motor vehicle and is otherwise uninsured.
- Windscreen or broken glass cover repair or replacement of one windscreen broken glass or sunroof glass (including panoramic glass roof) per insurance period without paying an excess.
- Emergency repairs up to $1,000 (incl GST).
Terms, conditions and limits apply.
*Limited summary only. For information on what is covered and what is not covered and for any terms, conditions, limits and excesses that apply please refer to the PDS.Read about our Motorcycle, Exotic and Prestige cover categories.